The required Team Fortress 2 update is now live.Â Please run
hldsupdatetool to receive it.Â The specific changes include:
Improved particle performance on multi-core machines.
Added FOV slider to Options | Video | Advanced for all games (moved
there from TF2′s multiplayer options)
Fixed surround sound initialization problems with new speaker modes
defined in Vista.
Team Fortress 2:
Added Character Info and Loadout to the main menu.
Added 39 Medic achievements.
Added unique Medic items:
- The Blutsaugher, The Kritzkrieg, and The Ubersaw.
Added new attack animations to most melee weapons.
Added new speech for the Heavy and Demoman.
Added Stopwatch mode to Tournament mode.
- Automatically used on Attack/Defense maps.
Teleporter effect no longer shows up on invisible or disguised Spies.
Spies disguised as their own team can now capture control points.
Increased force taken by pipebombs by bullets and explosions
Target ID hud is now colored red or blue to match the spectator target.
Tournament mode no longer ends matches early if the time limit is nearly
up when a new round starts.
Fixed exploit where clients could start benchmark mode on servers.
Fixed drowning exploit that allowed players to regenerate health.
Fixed reload exploit that allowed plays to fire instantly after
Fixed flamethrower bug where a player flush against a wall couldn’t be
lit on fire from the front.
Fixed invulnerability overlay not drawing if the invuln player was
previously on fire.
Fixed “times used” entry in teleporters maxing out at 32.
Fixed rare client crash on level change during control point capturing.
Minor fix to stat gathering to prevent players using sv_cheats to easily
- Mapmakers can now directly place the tf_gamerules entity into their
map. Fixes Hammer thinking the inputs to it are broken.
- Mapmakers can now place Engineer buildings directly into a map, with
an option for them to be invulnerable.
- Added “AddRedTeamScore” and “AddBlueTeamScore” inputs to
- Added “SetRequiredObserverTarget” input to tf_gamerules. Force
spectators to use the specified viewpoint.
- Added setup time logic, and gates to the middle.
- Fixed an overlay alignment bug on one of blue’s gate signs.
- Minor lighting fixes in red/blue spawns.
- Added medium ammo and health to basement hallways.
- Added small ammo and health to top of spiral.
- Fixed a clip brush exploit outside blue sniper deck.
- Fixed number “2″ overlay on front of red base not being assigned to
the brush face.