In order to find your steam ID, connect to your game server and open up your console using the ~ key.
Once the console is open, type status and hit enter.
You will then see a line similar to this: “Your Game Name” STEAM_x:x:xxxxxx
Your steamID is STEAM_x:x:xxxxxx (the x’s would be numbers in reality). Keep it safe as you may need this for various things such as enabling admin on a server.
Has been updated with the latest build snapshots of Mani Admin, Metamod and Sourcemod, for TF2, CSS, HL2MP and DoDS.
You will need to update to these if you have not already after last weeks updates.
A required update for Team Fortress 2 servers is now available. The specific changes include:
- Added the hats for The Great Steam Treasure Hunt.
- Fixed a bug that enabled players to weapon switch away from the Iron Curtain during spin down.
A required update for Team Fortress 2 Servers is now available. The specific changes include:
Team Fortress 2:
- Added check to prevent control characters from user-provided item names and descriptions (replaced with spaces).
- Fixed a control point bug where players could capture points that were already owned by their team.
- Fixed a server crash caused by kicking a player that isn’t fully connected.
- Fixed Spies being able to destroy sappers using the “destroy” command.
- Fixed Engineers being able to destroy sapped buildings by issuing the command directly in the console.
- Fixed an issue where team colored hats were showing up improperly when previewing the Team Spirit paint on them.
- Fixed an issue where SourceTV clients were seeing their local player/duel stats in the scoreboard.
- Updated the player_hurt event to always set “damageamount” even if the attacker is the world (falling damage).
- Updated items:
- Many hats have had their appearance while painted improved. Paintable hats should now appear less like solid blobs of color and retain more of the character and texture of the hat.
- Integrated several improvements to contributed items provided by their authors.
- Made the following items paintable: Sergeant’s Drill Hat, Pyro’s Beanie, “Dangeresque, Too?”, Whiskered Gentleman, Safe’n'Sound, Trophy Belt, Frenchman’s Beret, Camera Beard, Max’s Severed Head, Alien Swarm Parasite, Ellis’ Cap, and the Horrific Headsplitter.
- Sam & Max items and the Portal 2 Pin are now Gift Wrappable.
We have had our knowledge base on here for a little while but was a bug in the software meaning it wasn’t working correctly but this has been fixed.
It holds quite alot of answers to questions we get asked and we hope to keep adding to it.
To get started just click here or click knowledge base in the menu above, it is fully searchable and our search tool will search both blog posts and the knowledge base.
A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. Please use hldsupdatetool to receive the update. The specific changes include:
Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
- Added support for raw mouse input. Raw input reads directly from the mouse, bypassing Windows control panel mouse settings. This addresses issues with high DPI mice, and provides for a more reliable controller experience at various resolutions. (Windows)
- Improved custom mouse acceleration. (Windows)
- Updated mouse configuration UI to support raw input and acceleration; added tooltips to some of the options. (Windows)
- Fixed UI tooltips so that they display correctly on first hover. (Windows)
Team Fortress 2
- Added the “Team Spirit” paint can.
- Added Telltale Games items:
- Dangeresque, Too?: Strong Bad’s styling glasses (equipped by the Demoman)
- License to Maim: Max’s Badge (equipped by all classes)
- The Iron Curtain: The Heavy’s first love (equipped by the Heavy, obviously)
- The Enthusiast’s Timepiece: Tycho’s favorite timepiece (equipped by the Spy)
- Updated some item capabilities:
- Employees badges can now have custom names.
- The Stickybomb Jumper can now be gift wrapped.
- The Spine-Chilling Skull and Voodoo Juju hats are now paintable.
- Improved the Spine-Chilling Skull and Voodoo Juju hat positions on the Sniper.
- Added the original Ubersaw taunt to the Vita-Saw.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the game from running on Fat32 systems.
- Fixed a problem with the Sackston Hale achievement sometimes not being awarded correctly.
- Fixed the holiday gamestartup sound files being included in the random startup selection after the holiday is over.
- Fixed numerous WebAPI issues.
- Fixed a Heavy exploit that let him run at full speed while shooting.
- Fixed a Frontier Justice exploit that let Engineers have infinite crits for their current life/round.
- Fixed the shotgun reload animations for the Soldier/Pyro/Heavy looping endlessly.
- Fixed the Medigun charge percent for other players being steppy.
- Fixed not being able to light arrows after the first arrow is fired unless they’re drawn back.
- Updated the localization files.
A small required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. The specific changes are:
- Fixed Crit-a-Cola behaving like Bonk! Atomic Punch.
An optional update for TF2 Servers is now available. The specific changes include:
- Fixed a minor issue with the Horseless Headless Horsemann
A required update for CSS Servers is now available. The specific changes include:
- Fixed performance issues and memory leaks related to scoreboard display.
- Fixed long-standing bug in which a player would see another player in a grenade-throwing animation when they no longer had a grenade as their active weapon.
- Fixed animation problem (“crab walk”) caused by aborting bomb plant by using the drop command.
- Fixed several ragdoll animation problems related to cl_minmodels.
- Fixed several crashes that could be caused by user modified .res files.
- Run sounds are no longer heard from players walking with the Scout equipped.
- Player’s last match stats will no longer be updated if the player did not actually participate in the match (e.g. only spectated).
- Flagged bot_mimic and bot_flipout as CHEAT vars.
- Fixed “Cold War” achievement so that it now requires the correct number of opposing players.
- Fixed hud_showtargetid; added hud_showtargetpos for setting the on-screen location of the targeted.
- Fixed bug in which the client camera would jump to another player if the player died when mp_fadetoblack is enabled.
- Removed extraneous/incorrect help text for nightvision goggles.
- Fixed bug in which the spectator UI would disappear after a mode switch or similar renderer change.
- Changed the size of the bomb icon on the spectator UI
A required update for TF2 Servers is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive it. The specific changes include:
Shared Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
- Fixed a dedicated server crash when HLTV disconnects.
- Fixed a crash in the materialsystem.
Team Fortress 2
- Fixed a bug with the Horseless Headless Horsemann falling through playerclip ladders.
- Fixed a bug with grenades sometimes exploding on friendly players.
- Fixed the Sticky Jumper doing damage to enemies.
- Fixed spectators collecting the Haunted Halloween Gift in Mann Manor.
- Fixed trading the Saxton Hale Mask granting the achievement to the recipient.
- Fixed the Candy Coroner achievement not awarding the Mildly Disturbing Halloween Mask.
- Updated Mann Manor
- Improved clipping to prevent players from getting out of the map and to fix various exploit ledges.
- Updated the Ghastlier Gibus to be tradable.
- Updated the localization files.
A required update for TF2 Servers is now available. The specific changes include:
Engine (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
- Removed the rate limit for the “status” command when entered into the server console.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed people to send fake server messages to clients.
- Significantly improved engine vertex compression (large reduction in per-model memory usage).
Team Fortress 2
- Added TF2Maps.net Art-pass contest winners:
- Mountain Lab
- Mann Manor
- Halloween 2010 Event
- Mann Manor is haunted by the Horseless Headless Horsemann.
- Random gift drop in Mann Manor.
- 4 new Halloween achievements.
- Added new Halloween hats.
- Added a new Halloween weapon.
- Added Gift Wrapping of gifts to the store.
- Added Custom Description tag to the store.
- Added the community created “Swamp Theme” assets, so all maps can use it:
- See http://swamp.tf2maps.net/ for full details.
- Updated cp_coldfront with the latest changes from the community creator (Icarus):
- Improved visibility on last CP.
- Moved second CP slightly closer to the attacker’s side.
- Added cover for players queuing up the health pack on the second CP.
- Improved clipping on the zig-zag ramp to middle CP.
- Teams that capture the middle CP are now awarded with faster spawn times.
- Added a health penalty to the Rocket Jumper.
- Added the Sticky Jumper for Demomen to practice jumping.
- Fixed the Sandvich charge meter.
- Fixed glows not drawing correctly when using antialiasing on some computers.
- Improved the checks that trigger mp_scrambleteams_auto.
- Added console commands to initiate trades directly (cl_trade/cl_trade_steamid) to help people running trading servers.