Required updates for Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch are now available. The specific changes include:
Shared changes (CS:S, DoD:S, HL2:DM, and TF2)
* ServerBrowser now sorts by ping by default once again.
* Fixed Mac crash on launch when running Mac OSX 10.5.8.
* Fixed spectator bug where spectating a Sniper looking through scope didn’t zoom fov.
Team Fortress 2
* Fixed an issue that caused some old demos to crash.
* The server browser now sorts by ping by default.
* The Trading dialog now starts with the chat window having focus.
* Fixed a bug that caused overheal to not work properly.
* Fixed the Sandvich cooldown not occurring when the Heavy is hurt.
* Fixed the Heavy’s hands being invisible.
* Soldiers no longer maintain their rage level when changing loadout.
* Alerts now sort on top of achievement status.
* Prevented a bad state occurring when someone tried to trade with themselves.
* Fixed a dueling related crash caused by custom scoreboard UIs.
* Fixed players not being able to set their default FOV correctly.
* Fixed being unable to equip customized shotguns & pistols on some classes.
* Improved the explanation of the item set bonus in set item descriptions.
* Fixed a bug where items with particle systems would show up at the player’s feet or pelvis.
* Fixed the wrench number for the Golden Wrench not displaying properly.
* Fixed the medal number for the Gentle Manne’s Service Medal not displaying properly.
* Fixed client seeing incorrect message when changing team while participating in a duel.
* Added Remove Name and Remove Paint features.
* Achievement items and store promotion items are now usable in crafting.
* Gifted items are now craftable and tradable.
* Attempting to craft a non tradable item will result in a warning that the items produced by the craft will also be marked as non tradable.
* Community, Self-Made, and Valve items are not tradable or usable in crafting.
* Changed “Not Craftable” description to “Not Usable in Crafting” to increase clarity.
* The TF badge on the Glengarry Bonnet is no longer team colored.
* Restored the missing PDA2 Slot Token.
* Restored the appearance of the Tippler’s Tricorne to the version prior to the Mannconomy Update. This item is now paintable.
* Added a new paintable hat, the ‘Rimmed Raincatcher’ that has a new Tricorne style appearance.
* The Earbuds are now nameable.
* Duel fixes:
* Fixed Dueling badges using the wrong texture.
* Fixed an issue where dueling stats did not show up on dueling badges above Bronze.
* During a duel, the Dueling mini-game item used to initiate the duel cannot be deleted, traded or crafted.
* The following hats now allow the paint to affect their color more (colors should not be washed out):
* The Pugilist’s Protector, The Hard Counter, The Bombing Run, Football Helmet, Fancy Fedora, Cowboy Hat, Engineer’s Cap, Viking Helm, Respectless Rubber Glove, Batter’s Helmet, Brigade Helm, Master’s Yellow Belt, Killer’s Kabuto, Backbiter’s Billycock
* Dueling Mini-Game now drops with 5 uses.
* The Battalion’s Backup no longer gives rage for falling damage.
* The Shortstop is now affected by tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads.
* The Gloves of Running Urgently now using the boxing taunt and boxing glove weapons are now of the type “Boxing Gloves” instead of “Fists.”
* Your Eternal Reward no longer disguises the Spy if the victim survives the backstabbing attempt (because of Ubercharge, The Razorback, etc)
* Your Eternal Reward no longer disguises the Spy if they are carrying the flag.
* The Holy Mackerel no longer displays a fish hit message when a Spy disguised as the attacker’s team is hit.
* The Holy Mackerel no longer triggers other death events (like achievements or stats mods) improperly.
* The Sydney Sleeper no longer penetrates targets.
* The Sydney Sleeper no longer randomly crits.
* Milk will no longer spray from the barrels of other Scout weapons when switching from the Mad Milk.
* Fixed a bug where the player crouching/standing animations were delayed until after (from the player’s local viewpoint).
* Changed the way that scope zooming works so that it is no longer affected by client-server latency, and zooming begins immediately for the local player. This fixes an issue that would give an advantage to lower ping players and penalize higher ping players.
* Fixed animation problem caused by aborting bomb plant by switching weapons (“crab walk”).
* Crosshairs now have customizable size, thickness, and color:
* cl_crosshairsize specifies the size of the crosshair in pixels at 640×480 resolution
* cl_crosshairthickness specifies the thickness of the crosshair in pixels at 640×480 resolution
* The crosshair now scales proportionately for all screen resolutions. This replaces the old scaling behavior, and the cvar cl_crosshairscale is no longer used. Players can revert to old crosshair behavior by setting cl_legacy_crosshair_scale to 1.
* Setting cl_crosshaircolor to 5 enables the use of custom crosshair colors, specified by cvars cl_crosshaircolor_r, cl_crosshaircolor_g, and cl_crosshaircolor_b.
* The default of cl_crosshairuseapha has been changed to 1. Alpha blending makes the crosshair much more visible on new HDR maps, and it is recommended that existing players enable this setting manually or through the options interface (Multiplayer->Crosshair appearance->Translucent).
* Cvar cl_legacy_crosshair has been renamed to cl_legacy_crosshair_recoil for consistency.
* Fixed inverted translucency preview on crosshair configuration panel.
* Removed the ability for players to temporarily stand on and jump from thrown grenades and jumping players. Legacy behavior can be enabled by setting sv_enableboost to 1.
* Fixed issue with players “stacking” on ladders. Players are no longer prevented from moving off a ladder when they are in contact with a player beneath them.
* Fixed UI issue causing Steam dialog boxes to be unreadable over certain backgrounds.
* Fixed a bug which allowed players to move the bomb with +use when sv_turbophysics was enabled.
* Fixed a bug that caused crosshair to expand when attempting to fire an empty gun or when holding trigger on pistols.
* Players are no longer kicked for team killing during mp_spawnprotectiontime if mp_autokick is not enabled.
* Fixed a bug which caused incorrect FoV on zoomed sniper rifles after reload.
* Fixed FoV on wide-screen display modes.
* Fixed a bug which caused incorrect zoom for a spectator watching a player with a sniper rifle.
* Fixed a crash that could occur if a player disconnected shortly after attacking a bot.
* Bomb icon now has priority over dominated/dominating icon on scoreboard.
* Deathcam now allows a short period of camera movement (matching pre-OB behavior) when a player dies.
* Bots now use distinct Terrorist and Counter-Terrorist icons on the scoreboard, voice indicators, end of match, and freeze panel.
* The round clock on the spectator UI is now replaced with a bomb icon after the C4 has been planted.
* Fixed a bug which caused models to occasionally appear non-animating when cl_minmodels and low violence mode were both enabled.
* Fixed the Buy Menu not taking into account the discounted price for Kevlar + Helmet if you already have Kevlar (not damaged) or a Helmet.
* Fixed cases where flashbang was not visible but still blinded the player.
* Reduced blindness amount when looking away from a flashbang.
* Added a checkbox to the Options->Audio dialog to control muting the audio when the game window is in the background.
* Fixed crash in custom maps using the trigger_camera entity.
A required update for Counter-Strike: Source is now available. The specific changes are:
- Fixed incorrect distance on flashbang effect.
- Reverted changes to de_inferno and de_nuke.